Saturday, April 23, 2005

Ahhh, Learning

One of my very favorite things to do is learn. I really can't get enough. Today I spent many an hour (being paid overtime, I might add) trying to be able to read my boss's mail (legally) via Outlook Exchange. I was working with a technician who spent lots of time with me to really figure things out. So, first thing I learned was: Call work technicians on off days. They are bored, and want something to do!

I also learned that I know more than the average joe about working with the systems my company gives me to do my job. From the reaction I was getting from the technician, I was able to figure things out much faster than most folx. He was quite proud that I remembered where to go to reset which profile would now be my default without me having to tell Outlook. And I have to say I preened at the compliment. Learned (okay, reinforced) #2 - Compliments go a long way.

And I now know that there's a problem on the corporate side of the house, that they didn't complete my boss's migration properly. Good thing I worked on a Saturday, huh!

Off to the movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home