Thursday, April 28, 2005

And so it begins

This weekend begins the social season for the Wares. From here until... well, pretty much January, we have something cooking almost every single weekend. Now, I know that sounds like a lot - and it is. But it is also such a joy.

There was a time, in the not so distant past, where looking at the calendar was depressing. There was never anything on it! Okay, the obligitory holiday events with the family, where I get to smile and say "of course I love my single life" while I secretly yearn for what my sister and my cousin and seemingly everyone else had. Family. Kids. Dogs. A life.

Thanks to my wonderful, darling, handsome, loving, (did I mention wonderful and handsome) husband, I now not only have a life, it is a full and wonderful one! I wouldn't change it for the world. He has given me a home. He has shared his family and friends with me. He has given me puppy kisses. (Okay, not him, but he made them possible.) And hopefully this time next year, he will have given me 2 legged kid(s).

So, this weekend finds us in Denver for StarFest. Please join us if you can - we'll be at the Marriott Denver Tech Center. You may think that festivities end when the bar closes... think again! We just bring our own! I think I look forward to this convention more for seeing our friends than the activities and guest stars. Although the StarFest group has done an outstanding job getting some pretty top names. I like hearing about the "behind the scenes" stuff. But I refuse to pay for someone's name on a picture. No way, uh-uh.

In May we will be back in Denver, this time at the Sheraton Four Points for Opus. This has to be my very favorite convention. It's only 3 years old. It combines all sorts of Arts - anything creative you can imagine, anywhere Fantasy can take you. It's represented. And, I've volunteered to help with the Costuming track.

Of course, June looks like we will be concentrating on making a baby. I'm sick - I'm actually looking forward to the numberous shots. Okay, maybe not the shots themselves. But if it works, I'll thank all the gods for every single needle stick.

And don't forget, Colorado Ren Faire starts the second weekend in June.

Did anyone else see that there is another Colorado faire in June? This one is in Fort Collins, with a Medieval theme. Not sure if we will be making the drive for that, but I would like to support more local options.

So, what do we get in the mail? A flyer for a couple of nights free at Excalibur because we are part of their club thingy. Yes, I've consulted the calendar. I might work harder at fitting it in, if Air Fare wasn't almost $400 for us both. Hmmm... may have to keep looking... there are always specials....

And that's your social update for today. This is Julie McCoy, signing off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I always knew you were the driving force in Alex's life. I am glad he is returning the favor. But what about the kitten kisses? Those are my favorite, of course. I don't care where they come from cats or step-cats, as long as I get those kitten kisses. I am praying for the sound of little human feet for you guys soon. In the meanwhile, I’ll keep M & Ms handy!

As for this weekend, we are ready! We have Star Wars M & Ms (Jedi and Darth mixes), Star Wars Cheezits, some refreshing adult beverages and assorted mixers. AND…T-shirts! I am looking forward to hearing Grace Park and William Shatner speak. And of course I can’t wait to taste some delish warp core breaches!

By the way….have you seen the new Priceline commercial where he is trying on shoes???? I love it! Capt. Kirk in high heels….lovely! It appeals to me on so many levels.

See you guys tomorrow! Drive carefully.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home