Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Movie Review, part Deu

Duo? Anyway. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Read it about 5 years ago when friends mentioned it, and I wanted to know what all the talk was about. (Much the same reason I got into anything SciFi.) I remember thinking "this guy got paid to write this? it goes nowhere, it makes no sense. it's just stream-of-consciousness." And yet, I loved all 5 books of the Trilogy. What's not to love about a trilogy that isn't?

I wondered how they would make a movie out of a book without any real plot. I think they managed quite nicely, thank you. There were several points that I had forgotten about. The mice. Marvin. (How! could I forget Marvin!) Babblefish are yellow. Sorry - I could only find red ones, and didn't want to dye them and leave weird yellow smudges on our ears.

I give it 4 out of 5... couches? (Salon.. couch... maybe not.)
Go see it. And sing along with us at the end. The theme song is quite catchy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I decided that red Babel fish are a special sub-species indigenous to Earth. And I found the “purrfect” towel for you today. Comes in different cheery colors and you can have you name embroidered on it. I think it just says you!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! This is Shannon, Alex pointed me at this! ::waves::

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home