Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Opus Review

This weekend we were in Denver at the Opus Festival. This is a con we stumbled upon 4 years ago in it's inaugural year, and it just keeps getting better. Opus is dedicated to expressing art, in whatever manner that means to you. Visual art. Costuming. Pottery. Music. Magick. Writing. Comics. Goth culture. Harry Potter. All live in beautiful harmony at Opus. I think that's why I love it so much. It has so much for everyone, and you get to learn about new ways.

Once again, we bid on the perfect painting for our friend Steve, and once again, it rose outside our price range. Maybe next year.

And as this was the last weekend (hopefully) I'll get to drink, I made sure I didn't want to for a while!

Oh - and if you get a chance to order the Chocolate Martini at Melting Pot - DO IT!!! That has to be the most delicious drink I have ever experienced. Must have to work on recreating those. Don't worry - Cheryl got the recipe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Yes, yes I did!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home